Monday, September 28, 2009

EGG NOG

Ingredients:

1 (Your Crystal Pattern) Liqueur crystal glass, 4 3/4" high Or favorite Mug
2 oz. Borden Premium Egg Nog
enough Penzeys Spices East Indies Ground Nutmeg to cover the top of the egg nog-filled liqueur glass or favorite mug
Time enough to savor the whole experience

Directions:

Take out the Waterford,(or your crystal pattern) and polish it to a high gloss (or favorite mug). Add the egg nog, to about an 1/8 from the top. Sprinkle on the nutmeg until the top of the drink is about 3/4th covered. Find a comfortble leather chair, sit back, and enjoy life.

Editor's Note: Egg Nog is a seasonal drink. It is hard to find other than around Christmas. This may be a good thing, given the high calorie count in great egg nogs. Still, sipping a fine egg nog is an annual winter ritual. I always knew one is supposed to use nutmeg on top of egg nog, and sometimes a liquor inside. I decided to forego the liquor, and went for the highest quality of nog and nutmeg.

I have tried several, and most are too eggy for my taste. However, the Borden Premium Egg Nog (Rich Recipe) is very good. I highly recommend it over others I have tried. For the nutmeg, I recommend Penzeys Spices East Indies Ground Nutmeg. It has an intense bouquet and flavor, and really makes the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment